List of feats achieved by Mohammed Siraj in the Asia Cup 2023 final
Mohammed Siraj delivered a sensational spell in the final of the 2023 Asia Cup, sending down a fiery spell that blew the wind out of Sri Lankan sails entirely. Siraj picked up six wickets from seven overs and gave away just 21 runs, proving too hot to handle for the Sri Lankan batters on the day.
Courtesy of his breathtaking performance, Siraj also did break a few records and notched up new ones at the end of his historic six-wicket haul. Here’s a glance at the list of feats that Siraj registered:
· Mohammed Siraj became the first Indian bowler to clinch four wickets in a single over in ODIs.
· Siraj picked up his five-wicket hauls in just 16 balls, equalling the record of the fastest fifer taken in ODI cricket by Chaminda Vaas.
· Miyan’s blistering spell of 6/21 is the best ever bowling display against Sri Lanka in an ODI, bettering the feat of Waqar Younis who claimed 6/26 in Sharjah in 1990.
· Just playing his 29th ODI, Siraj racked up his 50th scalp in the format from just 1002 balls, becoming the second fastest bowler to achieve this feat while it is Ajantha Mendis who holds the top spot with the milestone in ODIs coming for him in just 847 balls.
· Miyan wasn’t just thinking about his figures but he wanted to turn the clock back, serving retribution flat out cold as he became the second man to clinch a six-fer in Asia Cup’s 50-over format while Ajantha Mendis became the first to do so in 2008, a feat which came against India.